Help desk outsourcing services were a popular solution even before COVID, as they provided a simple, cost-effective approach for CIOs to modernize technical assistance while freeing internal personnel to focus on higher-value tasks.
However, pandemic issues such as the remote workforce are overloading support desks. Simultaneously, it’s more important than ever for IT to act as a Business Enablement Powerhouse, focusing on the key competencies and strategic responsibilities that enable businesses to prosper in today’s hyper-competitive business environment.
However, IT professionals that are swamped with technical support issues don’t have time to work on strategic and innovative projects that will help your company develop and be more resilient to future crises. And there’s no evidence of help desk requests slowing down: according to Gartner, 82 percent of CEOs expect to do some remote work indefinitely.
The acute IT labor shortage exacerbates the issue, with many IT departments being too stretched to build a specialized support structure. This “break and fix” method is usually accompanied by excessive prices, insufficient service schedules, an obsolete knowledge base, and poor documentation or metrics.
The Advantages of Hiring a Help Desk Outsourcer
- Technological expertise: The availability of organizations with a strong grasp of various technical challenges is the first advantage of outsourcing. A corporation may offer a variety of services if it has higher technological capabilities. They provide database administration and linkages as well as innovative services such as web-based services and IVR capabilities. An outsourcing company can help you with both present and future challenges due to its greater technological expertise.
- industry experience: Another significant advantage of help desk outsourcing is the availability of firms with industry experience. What this implies is that you should have no trouble finding a firm that provides help desk services for your industry. If a service provider does not comprehend your industry, he will never be able to give you the greatest services. However, you can quickly locate a single expert to provide the necessary assistance.
- The availability of appealing services is too appealing to ignore. There are services who can assist you with inbound and outbound calls, web chats and web queries, and other tasks. Furthermore, outsourcing might assist you in building a larger database of delighted clients. They ensure that you have no problems managing your high-end clients to the best of your abilities. A delighted client will refer you to others, and this is all because of help desk outsourcing.
- A better management team is available: Another benefit of help desk outsourcing is the availability of a superior management team. Because service providers share your business concept, they will work in your company’s manner. Top outsourcing firms assign your account to qualified team leaders who can help you get the most out of outsourcing.
- Bring flexibility to your help desk: It is impossible to predict when an IT problem may arise. Help desk call volumes will almost certainly grow during a migration to a cloud solution, for example. It’s simple to scale resources up and down as demand fluctuates by outsourcing support desk services. This flexibility not only provides dependable assistance in every circumstance but also means you’ll never have to hustle to employ and train resources during a spike.
- Internal teams should be focused on innovation and strategy when technological challenges emerge. IT departments might become distracted by non-core business activities when technical issues develop. The result is a loss of strategic focus, leading to revenue and productivity losses, as well as dissatisfied customers.
Help desk outsourcing is beneficial to your organization in the post-COVID age.
A well-run service desk is no longer a “nice to have” — it’s a need. A whopping 95% of organizations that have already outsourced their service desks intend to raise or maintain their service quality.
By assuring the seamless running of critical business services, replacing reactive assistance with proactive service desks increases end-user happiness and productivity. The use of labor arbitrage, automation, process efficiency, and a consumption-based pricing model can also reduce operational costs.
Available Customer Service:
A call answering service in the UK, also known as a virtual receptionist. It will answer your company’s calls during regular business hours.
This means that your customers can get answers to their questions without interfering with critical day-to-day operations, enhancing their perception of your team’s availability and excellent customer service.
This can lead to increased sales and customer retention, as well as being extremely beneficial to your reputation.