As with any new kitchen design, an important part of the process is planning the possible layout of the kitchen. This is crucial if you decide to remodel your kitchen or plan a new kitchen in a new home. In both cases (as with most things in life), the results will be better if you take the time to plan. There are fewer unexpected obstacles and pitfalls along the way. You can also search for affordable architects in Islamabad.
How Many Thinks you keep in mind in a new kitchen?
One of the first things to consider when planning your kitchen design is whether you want your kitchen to include a “dining area,” such as a bar or table space. Or would you rather move the “dining area” to a separate dining room?
- Another important consideration is the structure of the room in which you want to install your new kitchen. Are there any structural constraints or physical challenges that could affect the kitchen design?
- For example, are there certain wall, ceiling or floor structures, such as load-bearing columns or sloping ceilings that would disrupt or impede the overall design?
- Also, make sure you know where the drain and water pipes run and if there are any barriers to electrical access.
- Another important consideration when designing your kitchen is how often you intend to entertain guests. Decide if this is important to you and if it should be considered.
- If you like to entertain guests on a regular basis, you should factor this into the design and requirements of the space.
- On the other hand, if you only have occasional guests, you may not need the extra space.
- Either way, everything needs to be thought out in advance.
- Style preferences should also be taken into account during the planning phase.
- Your style preferences can influence the choice of surface materials, architectural style, colour palette, appliance selection and many other aspects of the kitchen’s overall appearance.
Compromise Your Partner
- Have you compromised on your and your partner’s requirements because you want to furnish this kitchen together? There may be other people involved, with their preferences, and they all have their own preferences to consider.
- Sometimes arguments or disagreements between partners or spouses can delay a kitchen project, or worse, become a real nightmare for everyone involved (especially the poor kitchen builder or installer).
- So it’s best to resolve many of these issues ahead of time and get your spouse or partner’s approval before diving headlong into the project.
How Many Important Aspects of kitchen planning?
- There are other important things to consider when planning your kitchen that you may not have thought about.
- Are there any government requirements, regulations or permits that need to be obtained before work begins? (Do you have to submit plans and pay application fees?) Check with your local council before you start planning.
- The last thing you want is to get to this stage of planning and find that there are delays or obstacles before you can begin work.
- Do you want to keep your existing kitchen appliances? (You only need to consider this if you are renovating your old kitchen).
Difference between New and Old Kitchen & How to Find affordable architects in Islamabad
- Are there features of your old kitchen that you really like and would like to keep in your new kitchen?
- What are your kitchen cabinet design preferences, including what you want or need in your cabinets or drawers?
- Do you want custom cabinets or semi-custom cabinets? Perhaps you are a DIYer and want to build your own kitchen cabinets. All of this comes at a cost, so budget considerations play a big role. We’ll talk about kitchen budgets later.
- What type of worktop do you want? When it comes to worktops, there are many options and designs. Again, it all depends on preference and budget.
- What time frame do you want to complete the project? Do you have a tight deadline or do you have enough time to complete the entire project?
- Finally, the most important question. What is your budget for the entire project? There are many hidden costs associated with a new kitchen or kitchen remodel project. It’s a good idea to break down these anticipated costs into their respective components.
- Setting a budget for your kitchen
- Now for the classic $64,000 question. (Or is it the $64,000 question?).
- According to Time.com/Money, your investment in a new kitchen should be based on the value of your home. According to their advice, you should spend between 10 and 15 per cent of your home’s total value on a new kitchen.
- Here are their suggested kitchen and kitchen remodelling budgets, based on the value of your home (not the house and property, just the house)
- A $300,000 home: spend between $30,000 and $45,000.
- 500,000 home: spend between $50,000 and $75,000.
- A $750,000 home: spend between $75,000 and $112,500.
- The above-suggested amounts for a kitchen are based on the price of the house but do not necessarily reflect what you can actually afford.
- Everyone has a different level of affordability. So you need to compare these suggestions with your own financial situation and affordability.
- In addition to the above suggestions, the following tips will show you what you can actually get for your money and are another tool in determining your overall kitchen budget.
Budget-Friendly Kitchen Design & Tips For affordable architects in Islamabad
- We plan to spend between $5,000 and $30,000. That’s very low, but it’s a well-served part of the kitchen market and one that attracts a lot of people.
- Since you can do most of the work yourself, you can spread your budget further.
- On the other hand, if you choose a kitchen designer and use a builder to install your kitchen, you’ll need a much larger budget, $20,000 to $25,000 (or even $30,000).
How to Design Mid-Range Quality Kitchen? & Finding affordable architects in Islamabad
- A mid-range kitchen will cost between $30,000 and $70,000.
- With this budget, you can get a very good kitchen (and you won’t have to do most of the work yourself).
- If you want to spend money in this range, you have several options.
- You may have to make some compromises, but in general, the higher you go, the better the kitchen.
- Cost Comparison According to Remodeling.com, the average cost of a mid-range kitchen remodel is about $56,768.