The most important place in the postures of yoga, which is attained, is Khechari Mudra. It is definitely difficult, but after its practice, nothing is impossible for the seeker. Most of the sadhus and seekers have been able to awaken their Kundalini by the practice of this mudra. Those seekers who have difficulty in concentrating the mind or who do not have much control over hunger and thirst. They must do this mudra.
This mudra is done through the tongue. In which the practice of lengthening the tongue is done. And those people whose tongue is longer than before can easily do this mudra.
By doing this mudra one gets freedom from mental and physical diseases. This mudra is very beneficial for the sadhus who practice meditation. Do not try to try this mudra with your mind.
Let us now know its method and its amazing benefits.
Method of Khechari Mudra:
To do Khechari Mudra, you have to follow the following steps.
- Sit comfortably in Sukhasana, Padmasana, or Ardhapadmasana.
- Vomit your tongue and try to put it in the back of the palatine cavity.
- Keep your mouth closed while doing this.
- If your tongue is small then you will not be able to put it in the palate.
- But still, you have to practice it regularly.
- Practice this by reaching as far as your tongue goes.
- Gradually the tongue will become elongated and will be able to reach it to the palatine cavity.
Three ways to increase the tongue:
Those seekers who want to increase their tongue quickly can elongate their tongue by adopting these means –
Piercing – The tongue is attached to the jaw by a circular fiber in the lower part of the tongue, due to which it becomes difficult to turn the tongue over to the palate. For this, rub that fiber regularly with a nugget of rock salt or if surgical removal is possible then it can be used. After a few days of practice, the tongue tip will move easily into the upper opening of the palate.
Conduction – Holding the tongue with the thumb and forefinger or with a fine (fine) cloth, turning it around, and pulling it is called conduction.
Tapping – Applying butter or ghee, etc., pull the tongue with the fingers of both hands (like tapping the breast of a buffalo). The name of attracting slowly is tapping.
Whatever you find easy in all these activities, do it only under the guidance of the Guru. After that, you will see that the tongue will become so long that it will reach the equator.
Do not be hasty in the above-mentioned exercise as there is a high possibility of loss by doing so. It should be practiced only under the supervision of a qualified yoga teacher.
The special thing:- During the practice of Khechari Mudra, one must follow celibacy.
Benefits of Khechari Mudra:
Human beings can get all the three benefits of Khechari Mudra physically, mentally, and spiritually. Just have the right method of doing it.
Physical benefits of Khechari Mudra:
First, we know the physical benefits of Khechari Mudra:-
- Those people who faint quickly must do Khechari Mudra.
- Those who remain sluggish throughout the day or who do not feel like doing their work must also do it.
- Disease and old age do not come quickly.
- The body becomes like a god.
- This mudra is a boon for hair and eyes.
- Mental benefits of Khechari Mudra.
- Those whose mind has become even of premature death, they get away from the practice of this mudra.
- Those who do not sleep at night should also practice this.
- People who think too much and people who are worried about small things should do Khechari Mudra.
- Stress does not come nearby doing Khechari Mudra.
- Those who lack confidence must practice it.
- Spiritual Benefits of Khechari Mudra
- By its practice, the Sushumna Nadi opens, due to which samadhi is proved.
- It elevates the energy upwards, due to which a person becomes meditative soon.
- Those seekers who want to awaken Kundalini must do Khechari.
- Those who have to experience out of the body should also practice it.
Worth noting – Those who practice it regularly, their tongues produce a wonderful rasa. New joys arise.
First salt, then alkali, then tikta, then kashaya, after this, delicious juices like butter, ghee, milk, curd-whey, honey, wine, nectar, etc.
From a spiritual point of view, Khechari Mudra has a very important place. All I would like to tell you is that it should be practiced only under the supervision of a qualified yoga teacher.
If you want to keep your body healthy as well as willing to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 200 yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India