You need a demonstration license if you want to import specialized telecom equipment for demo purposes. The reasons for demonstration can range from customer trials, exhibitions to even certain events. Nevertheless, without the approval from the Department of Telecommunication known as the Demonstration License, you won’t be able to do so.
Keeping the importance of such matters in mind, let’s shine a light on the following:
- What is the importance of a demonstration license?
- What is the process to acquire it?
- What are the documents you need to furnish?
- How can you get the best assistance possible to get this license?
What is the importance of a demonstration license?
Following are just some of the demonstration license benefits that you need to keep in mind moving forward:
- It asserts the legality of your business: If your company is trying out a new product without any prior approval, the Department of Telecommunication can penalize your organization. Having the government’s permission from the very start would assist you in asserting the legality of your business in front of the government of India. After seeing you as a compliant organization, the government responds by easing some restrictions that you might face while demonstrating certain products.
- It allows you to try out new products: The telecommunication sector is one of the fastest-growing business domains in the world. It is witnessing the emergence of new technologies every single day. To keep up, you need to try out these new products. A demonstration license allows you to take a chance to test these products before anyone else in the market. You can familiarize yourself with new telecom equipment. Once it finally hits the market, you’d be the first one to aid your customers.
- It gives you a chance to test the product before it reaches the customer: Your customer aspects that you provide them with nothing short of high-quality products. To meet those expectations, you need to sample the telecom product yourself before unveiling it to the public. A demonstration license helps you by giving you the approval to do exactly that.
- It allows you to market the telecom equipment properly: A license gives you the right to demonstrate the product in an event or an exhibition. You can take this chance to market your imported product to an already present audience.
What is the procedure to acquire the Demonstration License?
How does one acquire a demonstration license? The procedure for it is fortunately very straightforward:
- Document preparation: Preparing the right set of documents is the very first step you need to take. It’s these documents that WPC considers the basis of your assessment. If you don’t provide precise documentation, your application can face instant rejection.
- Application filing: The application filing procedure is a dual step. How so? In addition to filing the online application, you also need to submit its physical copy along with the documents to the regional office of the Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing.
- Application Assessment: After receiving your application, WPC will start to scrutinize it on several parameters. If it encounters any issues with our application or your document, you’ll receive a notification. Afterward, you need to fix any discrepancies before the Commission and approve your demonstration request.
- Certification: Once you’ve taken care of all the issues with the application and the documents, the WPC accepts your application – issuing you the Demonstration License.
Note: To apply for the demonstration license, you need to be a DPL license holder. Read more about: IPLC License
What are the documents required to apply for a Demonstration License?
Along with the proper license fees, the cost to acquire the license entails the following documents:
- Certificate of incorporation of your company
- Memorandum of Association
- Article of Association
- Technical specification of the product you want to demonstrate
- Certified copy of your DPL license.
How can you get the best possible assistance to get the Demonstration License?
As far as business licenses go, a Demonstration license is quite a niche and thus, requires many complex steps. Therefore, you’d need the assistance of license consultants to help you in the following matters:
- Document collection
- Application filing
- Application monitoring
- Following up with the Wireless Planning Commission
- Dealing with any errors that WPC might have discovered when assessing your application
From application filing to error solving, dealing with these matters requires your complete focus. So, the best possible suggestion would be to reach out to India’s most trusted Telecom license consultants. They can provide you the following for your demonstration license requirement:
- Affordable professional services,
- Regular reporting, and
- Timely delivery
So, if you want to get the demonstration license on time, reach out to Registrationwala.
What is this License, and how can you obtain it? This blog gives you the answer to the need for a demonstration license and the process to acquire it.demo license Demonstration License license