Yin Yoga is currently one of the most practiced forms of yoga all over the world. It has been used for different purposes as it not only helps in physical healing but also mental health as well. As it became a widely known form of yoga, a lot of people modified it according to their own style. Original Yin Yoga and modified forms of yoga have a lot of differences between them.
The basic difference between the normal Yin Yoga forms and original Yin yoga is the number of poses. Modified forms of Yin yoga have a varying number of poses, meanwhile, the real form of Yin yoga has a fixed number of poses.
Total Number of Yin Yoga Poses:
There are 26 poses in Yin Yoga, these poses have specific structures, and philosophies that they follow. A practitioner must learn all of these poses, and create a sequence after that. Yin Yoga poses according to the ancient scriptures from Indian and Chinese culture state that there are 26 poses in Yin yoga that are linked to the Yin, while to satisfy Yang, you should learn the practice of Vinyasa yoga. This will help create a balanced practice of Yin and yang poses.
Top 3 Yin Yoga Poses:
Here is a list of the top three Yin Yoga poses and their benefits.
The butterfly pose is one of the easiest poses in Yin Yoga. It is also one of the most beneficial poses of Yin Yoga. This is not a separate pose, you should practice this pose in a sequence with other poses. It helps you stretch your body properly. It has a lot of benefits for females, as it helps them during menopause and menstruation. It also helps the movement of the bowl. Here is how to do the butterfly pose in Yin Yoga.
- First, start by sitting down on the ground. Come into a seated position.
- Straighten your body and spine and tighten your muscles.
- Now, after straightening your body in a seated position, grab your feet with your hands.
- Lower your body slightly forward and place your elbows on your folded legs.
- Bend your body slightly more forward and you will be in a butterfly pose.
- Now, keep inhaling and exhaling while retaining your position.
Twisted Dragon Pose:
Twisted Dragon Pose is also one of the most practiced poses of Yin Yoga. It is a pose that helps in stretching body muscles and enforcing proper movement. It helps in lowering pain in back and shoulder muscles. You get your body in a position where almost all of your muscles are in the stretch. This gentle stretch is what will help your body recover from the stress and stiffness in your body. Here is how to practice this pose?
- There are several ways to get in this pose, one of them starts by getting on your knees.
- Keep one leg kneeled while extending the second leg backward. Make sure that your knee is touching your heart, and the other leg is straight.
- Align the opposite hand with your feet and put the other hand on your folded knee and straighten your back.
- Now, move your face towards your folded knee and look upside.
- Keep breathing during the pose and repeat it with the other leg and another side of the body.
- Another method starts by getting into plank position and then folding one leg and standing on one hand and knee while keeping the other hand on the folded knee and one leg in full spread.
The shoelace pose is one of the best poses to straighten your back and gain a balanced sitting pose. The shoelace pose in Yin Yoga is not only simple but also a very beneficial pose as well. Here is how to do this pose.
- Sit while folding your legs in front of you.
- Grab the left leg and fold it above the right leg.
- Straighten your body poster and breath.
- You can do the pose while slightly bending forward and keeping your hands on your feet.
Best Place To Learn These Poses Online:
To practice any form of Yin Yoga it is important that you first learn about it. You should take specific courses related to the practice of Yin Yoga. There are some online and offline places where you can learn yoga practice.
Arhanta Yoga Ashram:
It is one of the largest online Yoga Ashram in the world, where expert yoga gurus teach the practice of Yin Yoga online. You can join from anywhere and learn from the best in the world. They also offer online certifications as well. These certifications are related to specific types of Yin yoga that certify your ability to teach and practice yin yoga.
Read More – Posts Here