The best nutritionist in Bangalore, it is common health advice to have at least five servings of fruits in a day for healthy living. Pomegranate is the oldest cultivated fruit, has had many health benefits since the ancient era.
An expert and acclaimed dietician from Qua Nutrition says pomegranates are fruits that fall under the superfood category. They have plenty of nutrients that are beneficial for every aspect of human health. It contains proteins, fibers, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, copper, and vitamin C, E, K. As per the best nutritionist in Bangalore, the flavonoids in the fruit’s outer skin and inside are good for the health of our bodies. Pomegranates are very low in cholesterol, saturated fats, and sodium with a relatively low glycemic index.
The five top health benefits of pomegranate:
The health benefits of pomegranate on humans are quite surprising. It not only promoted better health but also helps us live longer. The juice of the fruit, in particular, helps in controlling blood sugar, promotes heart health, and fights inflammation in the body. Let’s look at the top five health benefits supported by research studies:
- Promotes heart health and health of the arteries- Drinking pomegranate squeeze routinely helps in decreasing the measure of plaque, brings down pulse, and forestalls irritation and oxidation. It can likewise help in lessening cholesterol levels and works on the capacity of the supply routes. The fruit juice aids in improving blood flow and decreasing pressure.
- It helps to hydrate the skin- Dermatologists recommend pomegranate juice to replenish dull and dry skins. Being a rich source of vitamin C helps improving skin texture and skin glow. Pomegranate scrubs are great for skin scrubs. A small glass of pomegranate juice takes care of almost 40% daily requirement of vitamin C. The antioxidants in pomegranate help fight acne that leads to breakouts. A recent study conducted on the subject confirms that pomegranate juice has the qualities of protecting the skin from harmful damages. The rays of the sun and makes the skin keep looking younger due to its anti-aging properties.
- It fights and helps in the prevention of cancers- Pomegranates are very potent in preventing and fighting against certain types of cancers. The anti-inflammatory properties of pomegranate along with its high polyphenol contents protect the body’s DNA from mutation. Itprevent the growth of cancer cells, and stop it from spreading. Pomegranate has the ability to combat colon, breast, and lung cancers.
- It helps fight joint pains and pain due to arthritis- Arthritis is a common problem with many and there are various types of arthritis with some causing inflammation in our joints. The anti-inflammatory property of pomegranate works in such cases treating inflammation and pains from arthritis. The extract of the fruit blocks enzymes that cause damages to the joint in people who have osteoarthritis.
- Promotes sexual health- The wonder fruit, pomegranate is as a natural aphrodisiac, something that highly promotes fertility. Studies confirm that pomegranate largely facilitates sexual health in both men and women by raising their testosterone levels. It has positive effects on men with erectile dysfunction.
A few interesting facts about pomegranates that you must know:
- The trees of pomegranate grow for more than 200 years.
- Pomegranate belongs to the berries family, though it is a fruit.
- The fruit is full of seeds, but the quantity of the seeds varies from 203 to 613, depending on the quality of the fruit.
- Pomegranate is a housewarming gift and a sign of prosperity, good luck, and prosperity and is accepted as a gift.
As per the best nutritionist in India the fruit is available all year round, still, it is highly recommended to consume them during the winters as it is when the fruit is tastier and healthier.