In this article, You will answer one of the most difficult and common interview questions to tell me about yourself for freshers.
But Before finding answers to these questions. Let us see why the interviewer, asks these questions to the freshers.
In Straight words, this question is designed with certain qualities or abilities of a candidate. Apart from that, the interviewer will also check your communication skills, your thought process, etc.
Here, we will share a few tips and a formula that will help you formulate a good answer, along with a sample answer for Tell me about yourself for freshers.
Formula: Answering Tell me about yourself for freshers
Well, it will not be easy for anyone to find the correct answer to this particular job interview question. Although, these formulas will help you in getting you through to the next round of interviews.
- You should begin by thanking or showing gratitude towards the interviewer or interview panel for providing the opportunity to interview for this Job Position. After that, introduce yourself & share your highest education qualification. Apart from that, please your all your awards or accomplishments, you may have achieved while studying in your school or college.
- The very next thing, you need to show your interest in that particular field or position you may have applied for.
- Then, you need to share the work experience, that you have attained while studying in school or college or during your internship program or if you have done any freelance work.
- Convince them why you are the perfect person for the job using your persuasive skills, qualifications, and accomplishments as your selling point. Let them know what you will be bringing to their table.
- Finally, assure them that you plan to stick around for a long time. Why? Because hiring managers and recruiters always look for candidates who will be able to work with them for a long time so that they would not have to go through the process of hiring a new person again should they decide to stay only for a few months or years.
Also Read: experience letter Format
Tips to Answer Tell me about yourself for freshers
To ace answering the question, “Tell me about yourself”, follow the tips below –
When answering “Tell me about yourself” as a fresher, ensure that you cover every relevant point within 2-3 minutes. You need to emphasize your strengths and accomplishments in a concise manner. Asking a good question will also help you win over the interviewer.
Make a List
If you are on a job interview, this will help you to make a list of all your skills, accomplishments and experiences that are related to the position you are applying for. Also, stay away from talking about any weaknesses or badmouthing anyone. At the same time, it will make your answer more interesting. Write down your answers on a piece of paper and take it with you to an interview. You may need it.
Be Confident And Professional
This method is perfect when you need to give a presentation at work, or if you are getting ready to go on a job interview. Have a mirror or other large flat object with you, along with several family members or friends. Stand in front of them and say the answer out loud in front of them. This will help you gain more confidence when the time comes.
I have a positive attitude and a desire to learn new things. I am an outgoing person and I really enjoy working with others. I love helping people and when there is a problem, I’m a creative person who will look at various options to find solutions. I work well under pressure because I stay calm and collected. I am good at time management because for me it is easy to prioritize what is most important.
Add Something That Is Not In Your Resume
You may be surprised but the purpose of this interview is for the interviewers to get to know you a little better and learn about some instances or stories that are not mentioned in your resume. If you have work experience, that would be great to share. If you do not, sharing about some activities related to your field of study will be fine and will help you stand out from the crowd.
Also Read: Job Application Letter