You may know how much the world is leaning towards online streaming services rather than regular cable TV services. As a result, many people are buying smart TVs now. But reliable smart TVs are not cheap either.
However, we have a solution to this problem. There are now gadgets that can help you watch online streaming content on your non-smart TVs, as they work as a bridge between the non-smart TVs and the content you want to stream.
Chromecast is one such device. You may have heard about Fire Stick. Chromecast works similarly. It is an online streaming device that you can plug directly into your non-smart TV, and thus it turns your non-smart TV into a smart TV.
First you need to plug the Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your non-smart TV to setup Chromecast. This way, the HDMI channel where you have plugged your Chromecast device becomes the hub of your online streaming content. You can cast content and apps like Netflix, Youtube, Spotify, and even picture slideshows from your computer or phone on your Non-smart TV.
A little cast icon appears on the corner of the device’s screen while watching content, using which you can cast videos and photos on your Chromecast device.
So let’s start the Chromecast Setup process.
How to Setup Chromecast device?
The Setup process of the Chromecast device is not complicated at all. You can easily set up the Chromecast device on your Android or iOS device, and you will find the essential steps to do the setup in this guide. Now please stick to the following steps to start and complete the setup process:
- So firstly, plug the Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV. Then you also need to tune to that HDMI input channel of the TV.
- Now download the Google Home app on your smartphone and open it.
- Also, make certain that both your smartphone and the Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now open the Chromecast app. Once you open the app, the setup steps will automatically appear on your screen. You need to perform the on-screen prompts to complete the setup. However, in case the steps don’t appear on the screen, you can use the following steps to complete the setup.
- So tap on the Plus “+” icon appearing on the top left corner of your screen. This will open the Add and Manage menu on your screen.
- You need to select the Setup device option appearing under the Add to home section in the menu.
- Then select the Set up new devices This will bring up the prompts to complete the Chromecast Setup.
- So firstly, you will see a code on your TV screen. You need to make sure it is the same code that you see on your phone. If the codes are the same, hit the Continue
- Then you need to specify your regions, such as the United States or
- You also need to assign a name for your Chromecast device. But while confirming the name, make sure that you can easily differentiate this name from the other devices connected to the Google Home app.
- Now you also need to specify the room in which your Chromecast device is located in the app. And this is also necessary if you have multiple devices connected to your Google Home app, especially if you have multiple Chromecast devices connected to the app. There is also an option for Custom room name, which you can select.
- Next, you need to confirm whether you want to send crash reports to Google if something wrong happens to the Chromecast device. Such reports can help google to learn about the device issues and improve them.
- Then you need to specify whether you want to enable Guest Mode or not. This mode will help your guests control your Chromecast device, but only if they have the special access code. You can get the special code in the Device’s Settings tab of the Home app or on your Non-Smart TV screen. Once you complete all these steps, just hit the Continue
- And lastly, you need to enter the Wi-Fi network credentials to which you want to connect your Chromecast device.
- You can also link your Google or Gmail account with your Chromecast. This step is not essential. But it will provide you several additional features like you can use your own photos as screensaver images.
Steps to cast the Chromecast using a mobile device
Use the following steps to Cast the Chromecast through your mobile device:
- So firstly, open your mobile device, then play the video or media file you want to cast.
- Now tap on the cast icon, appearing on the top left corner of the device’s screen. The icon looks like a television icon with a Wi-Fi symbol placed next to it.
- And lastly, specify the name of your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
Steps to cast the Chromecast using a computer
The following are the steps to cast the Chromecast through a computer:
- Foremost, open the Google Chrome Web browser of your computer.
- Then play the media file that you want to cast.
- Now tap on the three vertical dots that you see near the upper right corner of the Chrome browser.
- Next, select the Cast
- And lastly, select the Chromecast device from the drop-down menu, and you’ll be able to cast the entire browser tab on your TV.